Lollapalooza

Sunday, August 7, 2011

0037: Tea at the Ritz


Natalie Portman and Scarlett Johansson
Photo: myscarlettjohansson.net
Catching up over tea is one of my favorite things to do. And one of my favorite places to have tea - aside from my house - is at the Ritz-Carlton in Ft Lauderdale. It is minutes from my house, on the beach and it's got a great view and great service. It is a perfect place to catch up with your girlfriends and the relaxed atmosphere makes it feel homey. There is no feeling of being rushed when you're there and when you simply want tea, there is no pressure to order anything but tea - it's truly the best deal around! But then again, tea at any Ritz is a fabulous experience - each city is different in its formality and service but try it, is there one near you? Even if you are on a budget, the experience of tea at the Ritz won't break the bank (for the price of a Starbucks you get the ambiance and service of the Ritz - nice!) and it is worth every penny!

So, back to Ft Lauderdale - I always order a chai tea (any black tea will do if they are out of chai) with a pot of milk, I steep the tea in the milk then pour and add a little honey. Its like a hug it's so delicious! And if you have your tea at the outdoor terrace/bar then you can take your well-mannered pet - yes, my pup went with me as I met up with one of my girlfriends today.  

Tea just seems to slow things down; its like a sensory experience - I think clearer, I focus on the moment, I think I listen better and everything always seems better after a cup of tea!

1 comment: