Lollapalooza

Monday, August 1, 2011

0029: Surfers

I've always loved surfers :-) from Florida's Sebastian Inlet to California to Ireland I have seen some pretty cool surfing. Yes, Ireland! Here are some of my favorite Irish surf shots - it was so amazing to be there!






The funny thing is that I was never able to surf. I tried and fantasized about being able to surf with the best of them but it was tough and I just couldn't get it. It wasn't meant to be but that was cool. So I became a life-long admirer of those guys AND girls that could. One of my favorites is Kelly Slater - SL8TR - the 10X ASP World Champion (Assoc of Surfing Pros). He is just one of those amazing athletes and a seemingly great person. Here are a few tidbits - 

  • He is a native Floridian.
  • Jan 2011 - GQ named him as one of the 25 coolest athletes of all time
  • He is the only one to hold 10 ASP world champion titles including 5 consecutive titles from 1994–98. He is the youngest (at age 20) and the oldest (at age 38) to win the title. 
  • He is of Irish and Syrian ancestry. Ask him about Irish surfing!
  • Sports Illustrated has named him Best Looking Athlete - I'd agree!



So, here is a clip of his 10th title win in November 2010...

Final day of the Rip Curl Pro Search Puerto Rico
(4:21 min - KS at 2:33 :-)
Other cool surfing clips:
I LOVE the ocean - so it's incredibly beautiful and cool to combine surf, travel, sun, awesome entertainment and fun people!

No comments:

Post a Comment