Lollapalooza

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

0080: Be Thankful Thanksgiving Poem

Wishing you and yours a happy and safe holiday!!
So, I've been crazy hectic since I returned from Belgium and it seems like I blinked and Thanksgiving is tomorrow. I'm not complaining but time flies so fast!!! And what a wonderful holiday - to make our country come pretty much to a standstill to allow us to breathe again and give thanks for all we have - I love it, and as a foodie, I really love it!! My mom's turkey is the best I have ever had (moist and seasoned all the way through) and one of my brothers is making roast pork ("lechon" style which is AMAZING) with those as some of our anchors everything else is truly gravy!!! (BTW, I am making my pecan pie and the Morton's chopped salad, just to keep up appearances that I am progressing in my culinary education :-) But really I've only continued to progress in my culinary consumption!! ok ok so I digress... Here is a lovely poem to get us inspired and maybe even to read at the table? Enjoy...



Be thankful that you don't already have everything you desire.
If you did, what would there be to look forward to?

Be thankful when you don't know something,
for it gives you the opportunity to learn.

Be thankful for the difficult times.
During those times you grow.

Be thankful for your limitations,
because they give you opportunities for improvement.

Be thankful for each new challenge,
because it will build your strength and character.

Be thankful for your mistakes.
They will teach you valuable lessons.

Be thankful when you're tired and weary,
because it means you've made a difference.

It's easy to be thankful for the good things.
A life of rich fulfilment comes to those who
are also thankful for the setbacks.

Gratitude can turn a negative into a positive.
Find a way to be thankful for your troubles,

and they can become your blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment