Lollapalooza

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

0062: DECLÉOR






"One million jasmine flowers are required to extract 1 litre (about 34 oz) of essential oil, and 100kg of orange blossom is used to produce just 100g of Neroli essential oil."
-Decleor-

Wow right?!? Well, I'm not very knowledgeable about essential oils but I do know that one of my favorite beauty lines is from Decleor (a French company). The smell of any of their products is amazing!! I use their Aromessence line for my face and I feel like I'm at a spa at least twice a day - even if just for a few minutes. And I have a ritual... I always rub the oil between my hands (as I was taught at their spa :-) then close my eyes and inhale a few times - ABSOLUTE BLISS!! The product may be a little pricey but lasts forever and is simply wonderful. And they make for awesome gifts - I received their Alguaromes shower and bath gel - I treasure it because it smells amazing and sets me up for a truly relaxing day.


So, Decleor: "Cle" means key and "Or" means gold - or Golden Key that opens the Temple of beauty... Their philosophy was "Be more than skin-deep" and each initiative was designed for the well being of the body, the skin and the spirit. The company was started in 1974 by a passionate team consisting of a beautician, a doctor, a shiatsu teacher and a fantastic aromatherapist and physiotherapist, the latter being a pioneer in her field.

The team's joint knowledge, holistic approach to the body and their expertise in energy points prompted them to create plant-based treatments. They initiated a range of treatments associated with a line of products that were 100% pure, 100% natural, no colorants or preservatives.
There is also a line for the guys or your guy... it smells amazing too!!

So, I might as well throw in some beauty tips for the day - courtesy of Decleor :-)
1. If you are thinking of touching your face, make sure that you wash your hands thoroughly. 
2. Cleansing your skin every morning and at night is highly recommended, regardless of whether you are applying makeup or not. 
3. Massaging your skin is one of the best ways for you to get the blood flowing easily and to help boost healthy skin. Spending at least two minutes massaging your face can help drive away the stress while promoting relaxation and healthy circulation. (See massage chart below.)
4. Drink plenty of water. Keeping your body well hydrated will definitely give you a much better-looking skin since it washes away any toxins and impurities from your body easily. 

So, whenever you're stressed, grab a glass of water and take 2 minutes to massage your face - even if you're in the office or in an airport take 2 minutes to de-stress...

Source: Decleor Paris

No comments:

Post a Comment