Lollapalooza

Thursday, June 28, 2012

104: Easy Recipes - Shortbread

I just love easy recipes!! I was picking up some Nespresso coffee pods for my brother when I came across an absolutely beautiful "English Shortbread Pan". It would never have crossed my mind to just go out and get a pretty baking pan... and this one had the shortbread recipe on the back! So I got it and not only were the cookies delicious but it was so easy!!

How pretty is this baking pan!! I got it at Sur la table...
Although there are 9 designs these were some of the clearer ones.
I think I need to press the dough in tighter next time but the taste was there!
So, here is the recipe:  

3/4 cup butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour

Preheat oven to 325F. Lightly grease pan.

Cream butter until light.
Beat in powdered sugar, then vanilla.
Finally, work in the flour.
Knead dough on an unfloured board until smooth.
Firmly press dough into pan.
Prick all of the surface with a fork, and bake for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool in the pan for about 10 minutes.
Loosen the edges with a plastic knife, and invert onto a cutting board.
Cut into serving pieces while warm.

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment